Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's a Limbo Party!



Yesterday was a great day. John (roommate) and I hosted a successful grill session with a bunch of chicks. After running out of beer, the drink of choice switched to vodka. As such, the pace of the shindig picked up immensely. Naturally, a limbo session erupted. Those unfamiliar with my love of the limbo should know that although I suck at the maneuver, I have 6 variations of "Limbo Rock" on iTunes and own an original version Chubby Checker's 1962 tour-de-force LP, "Limbo Party." So last night, when the time was right John and I summoned the crowd indoors after having recently transformed our living room into a limbo parlor; the table moved out, the record cued, and broom handle brought in.

After the ladies had a few practice limbos we decided to have a ladies-only limbo contest. The winner would get a date with John, the loser a date with me. As the official judge, I positioned myself in a chair at the end of the limbo runway. One girl had a strange objection my location, and she asked me to move. Since her request was bizarre and unreasonable, I remained put. It soon became striking clear why she asked.

Our subject was dominating the competition. Her flexibility was outstanding, and she cleared the limbo stick with ease as it was progressively lowered. In the last round, when it was very low, the remaining contestants had to bend back very far to clear the stick. Our subject was wearing a jean skirt. Our subject was not wearing underwear.

Watching her clear the stick and win the competition, it was impossible for me to ignore the shaved beave in front of my face. The thing was practically screaming at me. My emotions were mixed: happy / giddy to experience a shaved-beave sighting, but mostly confused. After having some time to fully absorb the experience, I can now sum up my thoughts on the incident-

I know girls don't wear panties sometimes (nice!), but to pull this move off with a jean skirt is very rare (slutty). It's possible that she was out of clean panties or that she forgot to put some on, but most likely the move was a conscious decision. Which brings up the question - what was the motivation behind her wardrobe? Is she allergic to cotton? Was she anticipating getting nailed in a bar bathroom stall later that night? But I will not pass moral judgement, because there is a more important point to be made. This girl petitioned quite passionately to move my judge's post, and I refused. She then went on, knowing that I would get a clear view of her snatch, and limboed her ass off. She won the competition by a landslide. She is obviously quite committed to the limbo movement, and I think that that's fucking awesome.

1 comment:

Peter Kirk said...

this blog needs some new material asap.